Electrical Panel Upgrade
Nothing lasts forever and that includes electrical service panels. Dangerous electrical issues often go unnoticed until it’s too late and outdated electrical panels contribute to the problem. Weak connections and deteriorating wiring can develop over time in older electrical panels and many can’t handle the increased power demands of our all-electric 21st century lives.
Your home is your family’s biggest and most important investment and protecting it is one of your main concerns. An older electrical service panel upgrade will go a long way towards protecting your family and preserving your investment in home ownership.
In addition to the peace of mind achieved by increased safety, upgrading an electrical service panel will result in:
- Increased power loads
- Safely and easily reset circuit breakers
- Option to add future circuits
- Fire protection and prevention
- Electrical shock prevention with ground fault circuit breakers
- Optional surge protection for sensitive electronic devices
- Increased home value
The licensed and experienced professionals at Ampacity Electric are always available for consultation about electricity and problems and services associated with it, including panel upgrades. If you choose to install a new electric service panel yourself, however, there are a few things you should consider before doing anything.
- You should first determine if your local government allows you to do the work yourself, because many do not and require that a licensed electrician perform the work.
- Determine whether or not a permit is required.
- Contact your local power company to schedule a date and time for disconnecting the power and reconnecting it after the work is performed. You should also inquire about any other special requirements of the power company.
- You should strive to complete the work in one day and seek the assistance of someone with knowledge sufficient enough to help you complete the work in a timely manner.
- Comprise a parts list based on exactly what your needs will be. This parts list will depend on the quality of the existing equipment and exactly what you’re replacing.
- If you intend to completely update your service or electrical panel, you will need all parts associated with the repair or replacement.
Upgrading an electrical panel will ensure that your home is safer and can handle the ever-increasing electrical demands placed on it by our electricity-dependent lives. Feel free to contact the professionals at Ampacity Electric for valuable assistance in repairing or replacing an electrical service panel.